This CyberMuseum brings to its visitors a collection of antiquities never shown before in the New World. No one has seen any of these artifacts in a “real museum” for the past 25 years. The Virtual Egyptian Museum is a joint venture between CIWA (The California Institute of World Archaeology) and the Senusret Collection. Our objectives are to apply technology-based solutions to:
- Bring to the public a collection otherwise locked up in bank vaults.
- Provide a rich museum experience to people living in areas remote from cultural centers (with a particular attention to schools).
- Develop a cost-effective model for complete online museums.
- Use the collection as the basis for an educational journey in egyptology and history.
- Help the Senusret Collection to find a permanent home, in a public institution offering excellent professional conservation care.