the ability of a Virtual Museum to be easily maintained and preserved (see [digital preservation]) for a [long time].
In hardware side it refers to the availability and capability of fixing any malfunction that can appear to the VM.
In software side it usually refers to the availability of updates, support, and compatibility with operating systems.
Regarding Content Maintenance, it includes activities “to ensure
• A robust computing and networking infrastructure
• Storage and synchronization of files at multiple sites
• Continuous monitoring and management of files
• Programs for refreshing, migration and emulation
• Creation and testing of disaster prevention and recovery plans
• Periodic review and updating of policies and procedures” (ALA 2007)