Archeovision is an on line archaeological resources management environment. 3DPDF allows to integrate 3d datasets into archaeological research procedure. It manages:
- 3d dataset production;
- 3d scanner laser volumetric dataset;
- dynamic interface of manipulation and visualization for 3d dataset;
- a canter dedicate to Virtual reality applied to Archaeology (Odéon);
- dataset from several digital archives and devices (digital camera, scanner, server…).
3DPDF Platform allows to explore utilization capability of 3d models:
- 3D virtual reconstruction of no longer existing buildings and object;
- dynamics links between 3d models and scientific dataset;
- use of innovative technologies such as photogrammetry and 3d scanner laser;
- recovery of old 3D records, such as stereoscopy, printing, models;
- real time selection between different visualization interfaces.
3DPDF technological platform wants to link with research institute and laboratories interested in integrate 3D dataset into their works providing:
- analysis of 3d technologies required for each project;
- help in finding the most appropriate technological solution for each case of study;
- temporary license for software use;
- use of 3d scanner laser for 3d data acquisition;
- technological resources and competences.
Archéovision in substained by CNRS, Aquitania Regional Council (Conseil Régional d’Aquitaine) and Michel de Montaigne University. Archeovision is sponsor by Très Grand Equipement ADONIS, CNRS. Developed by INRIA and AUSONIUS-CNRS.